Nutrient Stewardship Certification
The agriculture community is launching a proactive, responsible commitment aimed at the long-term improvement of New York's water quality.
This new 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certification Program encourages agricultural retailers, service providers and other certified professionals to adopt proven best practices through the 4Rs, which refers to using the Right Source of Nutrients at the Right Rate and Right Time in the Right Place.
This approach provides a science-based framework for plant nutrition management and sustained crop production, while considering specific individual farms’ needs.
2018 4R NY Nutrient Stewardship Council
* Donn Branton, Branton Farms, LeRoy, N.Y.
* James Young, Fleming Homestead Farm, Cayuga County, New York Farm Bureau
* Dale Gates, Acting State Resource Conservations USDA-NRCS
* Joshua Harvey, crop consultant WNY Crop Management
* Gregg Sargis, Director of Ecological Services, The Nature Conservancy
* Joe Lawrence, Dairy Forage Systems Specialist, Cornell University
* Mac Ewell, CE-Crocker
* Matt Entwistle, CaroVail
* Shawn Bossard, Farm Manager, SUNY Morrisville
* Dale Bartholomew, New York State Agribusiness Association and Growmark FS
* Greg Albrecht, AEA/CNMP Specialist/AEM Coordinator New York State Agriculture and Markets