Nutrient Stewardship Certification
The agriculture community has launched a proactive, responsible commitment aimed at the long-term improvement of New York's soil and water quality.
The 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certification Program encourages agricultural retailers, service providers and other certified professionals to adopt proven best practices through the 4Rs, which refers to using the Right Source of Nutrients at the Right Rate and Right Time in the Right Place.
This approach provides a science-based framework for plant nutrition management and sustained crop production, while considering specific individual farms’ needs.
4R NY Nutrient Stewardship Council
* Donn Branton, Branton Farms, LeRoy, N.Y.- CHAIR
* James Young, Fleming Homestead Farm, Cayuga County, New York Farm Bureau
* Amy Langner, USDA-NRCS
* Joshua Harvey, WNY Crop Management
* Gregg Sargis, Director of Ecological Services, The Nature Conservancy
* Joe Lawrence, Dairy Forage Systems Specialist, Cornell University
* Joe Augello, CE-Crocker
* Matt Entwistle, CaroVail- VICE CHAIR
* Jennifer Gilbert Jenkins, SUNY Morrisville
* Seth Sheehan, New York State Agribusiness Association and T&S Crop Services
* Greg Albrecht, AEA/CNMP Specialist/AEM Coordinator New York State Agriculture and Markets